Beesley, P.L., Ross, G.J.B. and Wells, A. 1998. Mollusca: The Southern Synthesis. Fauna of Australia, 5: 451-563. CSIRO Publishing, Melbourne.
Devi, K. 2015. Occurrence of brown paper nautilus Argonauta hians (Lightfoot, 1786) at Inglis Island, South Andaman. In: Venkataraman, K. and Sivaperuman, C. (eds), Marine Faunal Diversity in India: Taxonomy, Ecology and Conservation. Academic Press, London: 35-37. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-801948-1.00003-3
Finn, J.K. 2013. Taxonomy and biology of the Argonauts (Cephalopoda: Argonautidae) with particular referenceto Australian material. Molluscan Research, 33(3): 143-222. https://doi.org/10.1080/13235818.2013.824854
Finn, J.K. 2014. Family Argnautidae. In, Jereb, P., Roper, C.F.E., Norman, M.D. and Finn, J.K. (eds), Cephalopods of the world. An annotated catalogue of cephalopods species known to date. Volume 3. Octopods and Vampire Squids. FAO Species catalogue for fishery purposes No.4, Vol.3. Rome, FAO, pp. 228-237.
MolluscaBase eds. 2020a. MolluscaBase. Argonautidae Cantraine, 1841. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at: http:// www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p= taxdetails&id=11785
MolluscaBase eds. 2020b. MolluscaBase. Argonauta Linnaeus, 1758. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at: http:// www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id =137676
Norman, M. 2000. Cephalopods a World Guide, Octopuses, Argonauts, Cuttlefish, Squid, Nautilus. Conch Books, Hackenheim: 1-318.
Ramakrishna and Dey, A. 2010. Annotated checklist of Indian marine molluscs (Cephalopoda, Bivalvia and Scaphopoda), Part-1. Rec. zool. Surv. India. Occ. Paper, 320: 1-357.
Ravinesh, R., Vishnuraj, R. S. and Biju Kumar, A. 2017. Occurrence of Rare brown paper nautilus Argonauta hians Lightfoot, 1786 (Cephalopoda: Octopoda: Argonautoidea) from the Southwest coast of India. Journal of Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, 5: 220-221.
SubbaRao, N.V. and Dey, A. 2000. Catalogue of marine mollusc of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Rec. zool. Surv. India. Occ. Paper, 187: 1-323.
Sukhsangchan, C., Nabhitabhata, J. and Meksumpunr, S. 2008. Notes on behaviour of the female Muddy Argonatii, Argonauta hians Lightfoot, 1786 in captivity. Phuket mar biol. Cent. Res. Bull., 69: 55-59.
Sweeney, M.J., Roper, C.F., Mangold, K.M., Clark, M.R. and Boletzky, S.V. 1992. â€œLarvalâ€ and Juvenile Cephalopods: a manual for their identification. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 513: 1-182. https://doi.org/10.5479/si.00810282.513
Vaitheeswaran, T., Jayakumar, N. and Venkataramani, V. K. 2014. A record of brown paper nautilus Argonauta hians Lightfoot, 1786 (Family: Argonautidae) (Lamarck, 1809) off Thoothukudi coast of Gulf of Mannar from India. Ind. J. Vet. & Anim. Sci. Res., 43(1): 40-43.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Prasad Chandra Tudu, Narayan Ghorai, Prasanna Yennawar, S. Balakrishnan, Marine and Estuarine Mollusc of West Bengal Coast: An Overview , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 118, Issue 3, 2018
- Dipanajan Ray, Anil Mohapatra, S. S. Mishra, Prasanna Yennawar, Narayan Ghorai, Snappers (Perciformes : Lutjanidae) of West Bengal Coast with Eight New Records and a Key for their Identification , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 117, Issue 1, 2017
- Prasanna Yennawar, Anil Mohapatra, Prasad Chandra Tudu, An Account of Ichthyofauna of Digha Coast, West Bengal , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 117, Issue 1, 2017
- Dipanjan Ray, Anil Mohapatra, Mrinmay Ghorai, Prasad Chandra Tudu, Subhrendu Sekhar Mishra, First record of a rare sunfish, Mola mola (Linnaeus, 1758) from coastal waters of West Bengal, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 119, Issue 1, 2019
- Dipanjan Ray, Anil Mohapatra, Swarup Ranjan Mohanty, First report on occurrence of a rare fish, Keeltail Pomfret: Taractes rubescens (Jordan and Evermann, 1887) from Northern part of East coast of India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 118, Issue 2, 2018
- Bineesh K. K., Ida E. G., Nashad M., Rajendra Kumar, Rajkumar Rajan, Anil Mohapatra, An Updated Checklist of Indian Batoids with New Distributional Records and Conservation Status , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 123, Issue 2S, Special Issue 2023
- Dipanjan Ray, Subhrendu S. Mishra, Anil Mohapatra, Narayan Ghorai, Notes on Carangids (Carangiformes: Carangidae) from West Bengal Coast with new records , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 121, Issue 4, 2021
- Prasad Chandra Tudu, Prasanna Yennawar, Anil Mohapatra, First report of two ark shells, Anadara consociata (E.A. Smith, 1885) and A. troscheli (Dunker, 1882) (Arcidae: Anadarinae) from Indian waters with notes on morpho-taxonomy of some related species from east coast of India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 119, Issue 1, 2019
- Dipanjan Ray, Anil Mohapatra, First record of two Myliobatid Elasmobranchs from West Bengal, northern east coast of India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 120, Issue 4, 2020
- Ashis Kumar Das, Rajesh Kumar Behera, Sandeep Kumar Mohapatra, Smrutirekha Acharya, Swarup Ranjan Mohanty, Basudev Tripathy, Anil Mohapatra, First photographic evidence of Fishing Cat, Prionailurus viverrinus (Bennett, 1833) in Tampara Lake, Ganjam, Odisha , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 123, Issue 2, 2023