Chellappa, M., Balasubramaniann, T. S. and Arumugam, G. 2002. On the occurrence of Sunfish along Gulf of the Mannar. Mar. Fish. Infor. Serv., T & E Ser., 174: 10.
Chellappa, M., Balasubramanian, T.S. and Arumugam, G. 2006. Occurrence of Sun fishes along Tuticorin Coast. Mar. Fish. Infor. Serv., T & E Ser., 188: 22.
Frafjord, K., Bakken, T., Kubicek, L., Ronning, A.H. and Syvertsen, P.O. 2017. Records of ocean sunfish Mola mola along the Norwegian coast spanning two centuaries, 1801-2015. J. Fish. Biol., 91(5): 1365-1377. Doi: 10.1111/jfb.13456. https://doi.org/10.1111/ jfb.13456
Fraser-Brunner, A. 1951. The ocean sunfishes (family Molidae). Bull. Br. Mus., 1: 89â€“121.
Froese, R. and Pauly, D. (Editors) 2017. FishBase. World Wide Web electronic publication. Available from: www.fishbase.org, version
Fulling, G.L., Dagma, F., Knight, K. and Hoggard, W. 2007. Distribution of Molidae in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Gulf and Caribbean Research, 19: 53-67. https://doi.org/10.18785/gcr.1902.07
IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. 2015. Version 2015-4. Available from: www.iucnredlist.org
Kar, S., Chakraborty, R., Mitra, S. and Chaterjee, T.K., 2000, First record of the sunfish Ranzania laevis (Pennant) (Pisces: Osteichthyes: Perciformes: Molidae) from the west Bengal coast. J. Bombay nat. Hist. Soc., 97(2): 288-289.
Khan, M.Z. 1975. On the sunfish, Mola mola (L), a new record from Indian waters. Indian J. Fish., 22(1& 2): 295-296.
Monoj Kumar, B., Kizhakudan, J.K., Sujith, T. and Dinesh Babu, A.P. 1998. A record of Sun fish Mola mola from the coastal waters of Verval. Mar. Fish. Infor. Serv., T & E Ser., 157: 21-23.
Monoj Kumar, P.P. and Pavithran, P.P. 2007. First record of ocean sunfish, Mola mola from Malabar coast. Mar. Fish. Infor. Serv., T & E Ser., 192: 15-16.
Murugan, S., Lyla, P.S. and Ajmal Khan, S. 2007. Occurrence of sunfish Mola mola (Linnaeus, 1758) in Parangipettai waters (Southeast coast of India). Seshaiyana, 15 (2): 15-17.
Nyegaard, M., Sawai, E., Gemmell, N., Gillum, J., Loneragan, N.R., Yamanoue, Y. and Stewart, A.L. 2017. Hiding in broad daylight: molecular and morphological data reveal a new ocean sunfish species (Tetrodontiformes: Molidae) that has eluded recognition. Zool. J. Linn. Soc., 1-28. https://doi.org/10.1093/zoolinnean/zlx040
Ozturk, R.C. and Ozbulut, E.2016. First record of the ocean sunfish, Mola mola (Linnaeus 1758), from the Black Sea. J. Black Sea/ Mediterranean Environment., 22(2): 190-193.
Palsson, J. and Astthorsson, O.S. 2017. New and historical records of the ocean sunfish Mola mola in Icelandic waters. Journal of Fish Biology., 90(3): 1126-1132. doi: 10.1111/jfb.13237. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfb.13237
Pope, E.C., Hays, G.C., Thys, T.M., Doyle, T.K., Sims, D.W., Queiroz, N., Hobson, V.J., Kubicek, L. and Houghton, J.D.R. 2010. The biology and ecology of the ocean sunfish, Mola mola: a review of current knowledge and future research perspectives. Rev. Fish Biol. Fisheries, 20(4): 471-487. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11160-009-9155-9
Potter I.F. and Huntting W.H. 2011. Vertical movement and behaviour of the ocean sunfish, Mola mola, in the northwest Atlantic. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, 396: 138â€“146. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jembe.2010.10.014
Praveen, Dube, N., Krupesh Sharma, S.R. and Philipose, K.K. 2013. Note on the ocean sunfish, Mola mola (Linnaeus, 1758) landed at Karwar, west coast of India. Marine Fisheries Information Service; T & E Ser., 217: 31-32.
Ram Bhaskar, B., Rao, P., Rama Murty, M., Maheswarudu, G., Durga Prasad, Y.V.K., Phani Prakash, K. and Susheel Kumar, J.D. 1988.
Rare occurrence of sunfish Mola mola (Linnaeus) from the coastal waters off Visakhapatnam (Bay of Bengal). J. Bombay Nat. Hist. Soc., 85: 629-631.
Roach, J. 2003. Worldâ€™s heaviest bony fish discovered? National Geographic News. Available from: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/05/0513_030513_sunfish.html
Sawai, E., Yamanoue, Y., Nyegaard, M. and Sakai, Y. 2017. Redescription of the bump-head sunfish Mola alexandrini (Ranzani 1839), senior synonym of Mola ramsayi (Giglioli 1883), with designation of a neotype for Mola mola (Linnaeus 1758) (Tetraodontiformes: Molidae). Ichthyol. Res., 65 (1): (1-19 online) 142-160. 10.1007/s10228-017-0603-6.
Silvani, L., Gazo, M. and Aguilar, A. 1999. Spanish driftnet fishing and incidental catches in the western Mediterranean. Biological Conservation, 90: 79-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-3207(98)00079-2
Vivekenandan E. 2013. â€œThe trawl Fisheries of the western Bay of Bengalâ€. Presented at the APFIC Regional Expert Workshop on Tropical Trawl Fishery Management, 30th September - 4th October 2013, Phuket, Thailand. Available from: http://www.fao.org/3/a-bo085e.pdf
Yennawar, P., Mohapatra, A. and Tudu, P.C. 2017. An account of Ichthyofauna of Digha coast, West Bengal. Rec. zool. Surv. India, 117(1): 4-21. https://doi.org/10.26515/rzsi/v117/i1/2017/117289
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Santanu Mitra, Sayantani Shaw, Subhrendu Sekhar Mishra, Animal diversity in the mangrove forest at Bichitrapur of Balasore district, Odisha, India- A case study , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 119, Issue 1, 2019
- Dipanajan Ray, Anil Mohapatra, S. S. Mishra, Prasanna Yennawar, Narayan Ghorai, Snappers (Perciformes : Lutjanidae) of West Bengal Coast with Eight New Records and a Key for their Identification , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 117, Issue 1, 2017
- Prasanna Yennawar, Anil Mohapatra, Prasad Chandra Tudu, An Account of Ichthyofauna of Digha Coast, West Bengal , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 117, Issue 1, 2017
- Prasad Chandra Tudu, Narayan Ghorai, Prasanna Yennawar, S. Balakrishnan, Marine and Estuarine Mollusc of West Bengal Coast: An Overview , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 118, Issue 3, 2018
- Ritanjali Swain, Subash Kisku, Lakshman Nayak, Subhrendu Sekhar Mishra, Shesdev Patro, First record of four snapper fishes (Perciformes: Lutjanidae) from Odisha, East coast of India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 122, Issue 1, 2022
- Bineesh K. K., Ida E. G., Nashad M., Rajendra Kumar, Rajkumar Rajan, Anil Mohapatra, An Updated Checklist of Indian Batoids with New Distributional Records and Conservation Status , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 123, Issue 2S, Special Issue 2023
- Dipanjan Ray, Anil Mohapatra, Swarup Ranjan Mohanty, First report on occurrence of a rare fish, Keeltail Pomfret: Taractes rubescens (Jordan and Evermann, 1887) from Northern part of East coast of India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 118, Issue 2, 2018
- Dipanjan Ray, Subhrendu S. Mishra, Anil Mohapatra, Narayan Ghorai, Notes on Carangids (Carangiformes: Carangidae) from West Bengal Coast with new records , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 121, Issue 4, 2021
- Prasad Chandra Tudu, Prasanna Yennawar, Anil Mohapatra, First report of two ark shells, Anadara consociata (E.A. Smith, 1885) and A. troscheli (Dunker, 1882) (Arcidae: Anadarinae) from Indian waters with notes on morpho-taxonomy of some related species from east coast of India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 119, Issue 1, 2019
- Ashis Kumar Das, Rajesh Kumar Behera, Sandeep Kumar Mohapatra, Smrutirekha Acharya, Swarup Ranjan Mohanty, Basudev Tripathy, Anil Mohapatra, First photographic evidence of Fishing Cat, Prionailurus viverrinus (Bennett, 1833) in Tampara Lake, Ganjam, Odisha , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 123, Issue 2, 2023