Ashfaq, M., Hebert, P.D., Mirza, J.H., Khan, A.M., Zafar, Y. and Mirza, M.S. 2014. Analyzing mosquito (Diptera: culicidae) diversity in Pakistan by DNA barcoding. PLoS ONE, e97268.
Aziz, H., Zia, A., Anwer, A., Aziz, M., Fatima, S. and Faheem, M. 2017. Zika virus: Global health challenge, threat and current situation. Journal of Medical Virology, 89(6):943-951.
Barraud, PJ., 1934. The fauna of British India, including Ceylon and Burma. Diptera. Volume V. Family Culicidae. Tribes Megarhinini and Culicini. Taylor and Francis, London: 1-510pp.
Chan, A., Chiang, L.P., Hapuarachchi, H.C., Tan, C.H., Pang, S.C., Lee, R., Lee, K.S., Ng, L.C. and Phua, S.G.L. 2014. DNA barcoding: complementing morphological identification of mosquito species in Singapore. Parasites & Vectors, 7(569):014-0569.
Doss, C.G., Siva, R., Christopher, B.P., Chakraborty, C. and Zhu, H. 2017. Zika: How safe is India? Infectious Diseases of Poverty, 6:37.
Folmer, O., Black, M., Hoeh, W., Lutz, R. and Vrijenhoek, R. 1994. DNA primers for amplification of mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase subunit I from diverse metazoan invertebrates. Molecular Marine Biology and Biotechnology, 3(5):294-299.
Group, S.Z.S. 2017. Outbreak of Zika virus infection in Singapore: an epidemiological, entomological, virological, and clinical analysis. Lancet Infectious Diseases, 17:813-821.
Hall, T.A. 1999. BioEdit: A user-friendly biological sequence alignment editor and analysis program for Windows 95/98/NT. Nucleic Acids Symposium Series, 41:95-98.
Harbach, R. 2017. Mosquito Taxonomic Inventory. Electronic version accessed on 06.11.2020. http://mosquito-taxonomic-inventory.info/sites/mosquito-taxonomic-inventory.info/files/Culex%20classification_15.pdf.
Hemmerter, S., Å lapeta, J., van den Hurk, A.F., Cooper, R.D., Whelan, P.I., Russell, R.C., Johansen, C.A. and Beebe, N.W. 2007. A curious coincidence: mosquito biodiversity and the limits of the Japanese encephalitis virus in Australasia. BMC Evolutionary Biology, 7(1):100.
Karlekar, S., Andrew, R. and Deshpande, M. 2020. Culex katezari, A new species of mimeticus mosquito (Diptera: Culicidae) from the forest of Gadchiroli region of central India. International Journal of Mosquito Research, 7(6):54-58.
Kimura, M. 1980. A simple method for estimating evolutionary rates of base substitutions through comparative studies of nucleotide sequences. Journal of Molecular Evolution, 16(2):111-20.
Kumar, N.P., Rajavel, A.R., Natarajan, R. and Jambulingam, P. 2007. DNA barcodes can distinguish species of Indian mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae). Journal of Medical Entomology, 44(1):1-7.
Kumar, S., Stecher, G., Li, M., Knyaz, C. and Tamura, K. 2018. MEGA X: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis across computing platforms. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 35:1547-1549.
Maekawa, Y., Ogawa, K., Komagata, O. and Tsuda, Y. 2016. DNA barcoding for molecular identification of Japanese mosquitoes. Medical Entomology and Zoology, 67:183-98.
Matsuo, K., Lien, J.C., Kunou, I. and Ito, S. 1974. Morphological studies of the mimeticus group of Genus Culex (Diptera: Culicidae): I. Pale spots on wing and wing venation. Medical Entomology and Zoology, 25(1):51-56.
Minard, G. and Tran, F.H. 2017. Identification of sympatric cryptic species of Aedes albopictus subgroup in Vietnam: new perspectives in phylosymbiosis of insect vector. Parasites & Vectors, 10(1):1-14.
Rattanarithikul, R. 1982. A guide to the genera of mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae) of Thailand with illustrated keys, biological notes and preservation and mounting techniques. Mosquito Systematics, 14(3):139â€“208.
Rattanarithikul, R., Harrison, B.A., Panthusiri, P. and Coleman, R.E. 2005. Illustrated keys to the mosquitoes of Thailand I. Background; geographic distribution; lists of genera, subgenera, and species; and a key to the genera. Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health, 1:1-80.
Shouche, Y.S. and Patole, M.S. 2000. Sequence analysis of mitochondrial 16S ribosomal RNA gene fragment from seven mosquito species. Journal of Biosciences, 25(4):361-366.
Sirivanakarn, S. 1976. Medical entomology studies â€“ III. A revision of the subgenus Culex in the Oriental Region (Diptera: Culicidae). Contributions of the American Entomological Institute, 12(2).
Somboon, P., Phanitchakun, T., Saingamsook, J., Yoshihide, M., Namgay, R. and Harbach, R.E. 2021a. Culex bhutanensis, a new species of the Mimeticus Subgroup of the nominotypical subgenus of the genus Culex Linnaeus (Diptera: Culicidae) from Bhutan. Acta Tropica, 217:105868.
Somboon, P., Phanitchakun, T., Saingamsook, J., Namgay, R. and Harbach, R.E. 2021b. Culex (Culex) longitubus, A New Species of the Mimeticus Subgroup (Diptera: Culicidae) From Bhutan. Journal of medical entomology, 1-10.
Suman, D., Tikar, S., Mendki, M., Agrawal, O., Parashar, B. and Prakash, S. 2011. Variations in life tables of geographically isolated strains of the mosquito Culex quinquefasciatus. Medical and Veterinary Entomology, 25(3):276-288.
Tyagi, B., Munirathinam, A. and Venkatesh, A. 2015. A catalogue of Indian mosquitoes. International Journal of Mosquito Research, 50:50-97.
WHO [World Health Organization]. Vector-borne diseases, World Health Organization. Electronic version accessed on 02.03.2020. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/vector-borne-diseases.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Dhriti Banerjee, Daizy Bharti, Santosh Kumar, Ankush Mitra, Rahul Joshi, Devanshu Gupta, Faunal Composition of Ramsar Wetlands from India: An Analysis , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 123, Issue 1S, Special Issue 2023
- Anil Kumar, Gaurav Sharma, Iqbal Ali Khan, An updated checklist of Mammals of Uttarakhand, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 122, Issue 1, 2022
- Paromit Chatterjee, Krishnendu Mondal, Kailash Chandra, Basudev Tripathy, First photographic evidence of Asian Golden Cat Catopuma temminckii (Vigors and Horsfield, 1827) from Neora valley National Park, Central Himalayas, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 118, Issue 2, 2018
- Navneet Singh, Jalil Ahmad, Kailash Chandra, An updated checklist of Sphingidae (Lepidoptera) from Great Nicobar Island with a new species record from India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 121, Issue 3, 2021
- Joyjit Ghosh, Goutam Kumar Saha, Devanshu Gupta, Kailash Chandra, Checklist of Scarab Beetles (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) from Tripura, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 121, Issue 3, 2021
- Jagdish Saini, Kailash Chandra, Hirdesh Kumar, Dibya Jyoti Ghosh, S. I. Kazmi, Arajush Payra, C. K. Deepak, Diversity of Bees (Hymenoptera: Apoidea) in and around Namdapha National Park, with an Updated Checklist from Arunachal Pradesh, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 118, Issue 4, 2018
- Rifat H. Raina, Aejaz H. Parrey, Kailash Chandra, Sajad A. Khan, New distributional records of Bumblebees (Hymenoptera: Apidae) from Bangus Valley in North Kashmir of Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 121, Issue 2, 2021
- Jayita Sengupta, Arka Mukherjee, Atanu Naskar, Dhriti Banerjee, An Insight into the Taxonomy and Diversity of Pollinating Hoverflies (Insecta: Diptera: Syrphidae) from Dry Deciduous Landscape of West Bengal , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 123, Issue 2S, Special Issue 2023
- Shivani Sharma, Gaurav Sharma, Namita Joshi, Two new records of sweat bees genus Nomia (Hymenoptera: Halictidae) from Uttarakhand, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 123, Issue 1, 2023
- Boni Amin Laskar, Shantanu Kundu, Rehanuma Sulthana, Harikumar Adimalla, Deepa Jaiswal, Kaomud Tyagi, Vikas Kumar, Kailash Chandra, Molecular investigation of Cavernicoles from Kotumsar Cave in Northern Eastern Ghats, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 121, Issue 3, 2021