Andersen, A. N., Hoffmann, B. D., Muller, W. J., and Griffiths, A. D. (2002). Using ants as bioindicator in land management: Simplifying assessment of ant community responses. Journal of Applied Ecology, 39:8-17. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2664.2002.00704.x
Basu, S., Datta, J., and Mitra, A. (2020). A trip around the garden (1st ed.). Kolkata: Aurographix.
Bingham, C. T. (1903). The Fauna of British India, including Ceylon and Burma. Hymenoptera, 2. Ants and Cuckoo-Wasps. Taylor and Francis, London. https://doi.org/10.5962/bhl.title.106780
Bolton, B. (1994). Identification Guide to the Ant Genera of the World. Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
California Academy of Sciences (2021). Current Statistics. Retrieved from: https://www.antweb.org
Folgarait, P. J. (1998). Ant biodiversity and its relationship to ecosystem functioning: A review. Biodiversity and Conservation, 7:1221- 1244. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008891901953
Ghosh, S. N., Sheela, S., and Kundu, B. G. (2005). Ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) of Rabindra Sarovar, Kolkata. Rec. zool. Surv. India, Occasional Paper No. 234:1-40
Khot, K., Quadros G., and Somani, V. (2013). Ant Diversity in an urban garden at Mumbai, Maharashtra. National Conference on Biodiversity: Status and Challenges in Conservation- â€˜FAVEOâ€™ 2013.
Kumar, D., and Mishra, A. (2008). Ant community variation in urban and agricultural ecosystems in Vadodara District (Gujarat State), western India. Asian Myrmecology, 2:85-93.
Lavelle, P., Bignell, D., Lepage, M., Wolters, V., Roger, P., Ineson, P., Heal, O. W., and Dhillion, S. (1997). Soil function in a changing world: the role of invertebrate ecosystem engineers. European Journal of Soil Biology, 33(4):159-193.
Narendra, A., and Kumar, S. M. (2006). On a trail with ants: A handbook of the ants of Peninsular India. Authors.
Purkait, M. P. (2017). Ants species diversity along an urban gradient, south Kolkata, India. IJAPSA, 3(6). https://doi.org/10.22623/IJAPSA.2017.3058.RGMPL
Savitha, S., Barve, N, and Davidar, P. (2008). Response of ants to disturbance gradients in and around Bangalore, India. Tropical EcolÂ¬ogy, 49(2):235-243.
Schultz, T. R. (2000). In search of ant ancestors. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 97(26):14028-14029. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.011513798 PMid:11106367 PMCid:PMC34089
Tiwari, R. N., Kundu, B. G., Roy Choudhury, S., and Ghosh, S. N. (1998). Insecta: Hymenoptera: Formicidae. State Fauna Series 3, Zoological Survey of India, Fauna of West Bengal, 8:211-294.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Priyanka Das, Arijit Chatterjee, Sheela Saroj, Ant (Family: Formicidae) Diversity in Two Urban Landscapes of Kolkata , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 123, Issue 2S, Special Issue 2023
- Bulganin Mitra, Udipta Chakraborti, Kaushik Mallick, Subhrajit Bhaumik, Priyanka Das, An Updated List of Cerambycid Beetles (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae) of Assam, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 117, Issue 1, 2017
- Priyanka Das, Dhriti Banerjee, Devanshu Gupta, New Records and New Combinations of Ladybird Beetles from India (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 123, Issue 2S, Special Issue 2023
- Bulganin Mitra, Amitava Majumder, Udipta Chakraborti, Priyanka Das, Kaushik Mallick, Longhorn Beetles (Cerambycidae: Coleoptera) of Himachal Pradesh , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 115, Issue 4, 2015
- S. Sheela, T. C. Narendran, R. N Tiwari, Contribution to the Knowledge of Chalcididae of India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 101, Issue 3-4, 2003
- T. C. Narendran, S. Sheela, A New Species of Podagrion Spinola (Hymenoptera: Torymidae) from India with a Checklist of Species of India and Adjacent Countries , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 113, Issue 2, 2013
- S. Sheela, T. C. Narendran, R. N. Tiwari, Redescription of a Little Known Myrmicine Ant Recurvidris recurvispinosa (Forel) (Hymenoptera : Formicidae) , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 98, Issue 2, 2000
- S. Sheela, R. N. Tiwari, Chalcidid fauna of Rabindra Sarovar , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 103, Issue 3-4, 2004