Budha, P.B. and Naggs, F. 2008. The giant African land snail Lissachatina fulica (Bowdich) in Nepal. The Malacologist, 50: 19â€“21.
Carlton, J.T. 2001. Introduced Species in US Coastal Waters: Environmental Impacts and Management Priorities. Arlington, VA, USA: Pew Oceans Commission.
Colman, P.H. 1977. An introduction of Achatina fulica to Australia, Malacological Review, 10: 77â€“78.
Dey, A. 2008. Commercial and medicinal important molluscs of sundarbans, India. Rec. zool. Surv. India, Occ. Paper No., 286: 1â€“54.
Fontanilla, I.K.C., Sta. Maria, I.M.P., Garcia, J.R.M., Ghate, H., Naggs, F. and Wade, C.M. 2014. Restricted genetic variation in populations of Achatina (Lissachatina) fulica outside of East Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands points to the Indian Ocean Islands as the earliest known common source. PLoS One, 9(9): 1â€“8.
Lowe, S., Browne, M., Boudjelas, S. and De Poorter, M. 2000. 100 of the Worldâ€™s Worst Invasive Alien Species A selection from the Global Invasive Species Database. Published by The Invasive Species Specialist Group (ISSG) a specialist group of the Species Survival Commission (SSC) of the World Conservation Union (IUCN), 12pp. First published as special lift-out in Aliens 12, December 2000. Updated and reprinted version: November 2004.
McNeely, J.A., Mooney, H.A., Neville, L.E., Schei, P.J., Waage, J.K, eds. 2001. A Global Strategy on Invasive Alien Species. IUCN Gland, Switzerland, and Cambridge, UK. pp 1-50.
Mead, A.R. 1961. The giant African snail: a problem in economic malacology. Chicago, University of Chicago Press.
Mead, A.R. 1979. Pulmonates volume 2B. Economic malacology with particular reference to Achatina fulica. London, Academic Press.
Naggs, F. 1997. William Benson and the early study of land snails in British India and Ceylon. Arch. Nat. Hist., 24: 37â€“88.
Olson, F.J. 1973. The screening of candidate molluscicides against the giant African snail, Achatina fulica Bowdich (Stylommatophora: Achatinidae). Thesis. Univ. Hawaii. pp 98.
Peterson, G.D. 1957. Studies on control of the African snail on Guam. Hilgardia, 26: 643â€“658.
Prasad, G.S., Singh, D.R., Senani, S. and Medhi, R.P. 2004. Eco-friendly way to keep away pestiferous Giant African snail, Achatina fulica Bowdich from nursery beds, Current Science, 87(12): 1657â€“1659.
Rao, N.V.S., Rao, K.V.S. and Mitra, S.C. 1987. Malacological notes on Sagar Island. Bull. zool. Surv. India, 8(1-3): 149â€“158.
Raut, S.K. and Barker, G.M. 2002. Achatina fulica Bowdich and Other Achatinidae as Pests in Tropical Agriculture. In: Barker (Ed.) Molluscs as Crop Pests. CABI.
Rodgers, W.A. and Panwar, S.H. 1988. Biogeographical classification of India. New Forest, Dehra Dun, India.
Rodgers, W.A., Panwar, H.S. and Mathur, V.B. 2000. Wildlife Protected Area Network in India: A Review: Executive Summary. Wildlife Institute of India.
Russell, J.C., Meyer, J.Y., Holmes, N.D. and Pagad, S. 2017. Invasive alien species on islands: impacts, distribution, interactions and management. Environ Conserv, 44(4): 359â€“370.
Sanyal, A.K., Alfred, J.R.B., Venkataraman, K., Tiwari, S.K. and Mitra, S. 2012. Status of Biodiversity of West Bengal, 1-969 +35 Plates (Published by the Director, Zool. Surv India, Kolkata).
Sivakumar, K. 2009. Invasive species of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. In: 125 Year of Forestry (1883-2008) in Andaman and Nicobar Islands- Department of Environment and Forests, Andaman and Nicobar Islands. pp 111.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Paromit Chatterjee, Krishnendu Mondal, Kailash Chandra, Basudev Tripathy, First photographic evidence of Asian Golden Cat Catopuma temminckii (Vigors and Horsfield, 1827) from Neora valley National Park, Central Himalayas, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 118, Issue 2, 2018
- Paromit Chatterjee, Krishnendu Mondal, Basudev Tripathy, Kailash Chandra, Evidence of presence of Marbled Cat Pardofelis marmorata (Martin, 1837) in Neora Valley National Park, Central Himalaya, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 119, Issue 2, 2019
- S. K. Sajan, Basudev Tripathy, Tulika Biswas, Varadaraju, Species inventory of land and freshwater Molluscs from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states of India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 118, Issue 2, 2018
- Ashis Kumar Das, Rajesh Kumar Behera, Sandeep Kumar Mohapatra, Smrutirekha Acharya, Swarup Ranjan Mohanty, Basudev Tripathy, Anil Mohapatra, First photographic evidence of Fishing Cat, Prionailurus viverrinus (Bennett, 1833) in Tampara Lake, Ganjam, Odisha , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 123, Issue 2, 2023
- Basudev Tripathy, Priyadarsi Girija Sankar Sethy, Sheikh Sajan, Rediscovery of an endemic snail Spiraculum beddomei Blanford, 1866 (Mollusca: Cyclophoridae), with notes on its zoogeography and natural history , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 121, Issue 3, 2021
- N. Marimuthu, Basudev Tripathy, First Report of Drupella cornus RÃ¶ding, 1798 (Gastropoda: Muricidae), a Biological Indicator of Coral Reef Habitat of Lakshadweep Archipelago, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 118, Issue 1, 2018
- Paromit Chatterjee, Krishnendu Mondal, Basudev Tripathy, Kailash Chandra, First Photographic Evidence of Panthera tigris from Neora Valley National Park, Central Himalayas, India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 120, Issue 1, 2020
- Basudev Tripathy, Sheikh Sajan, Pupina peguensis Benson, 1860 (Mollusca:Pupinidae): Tracing a Long Lost Molluscan Type , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 119, Issue 4, 2019
- Swati Das, Basudev Tripathy, On some avifauna from Jojari River - A Wastewater Wetland in Semi-Urban Area of Jodhpur City, Rajasthan , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 120, Issue 3, 2020
- Basudev Tripathy, Subhankar Pal, Amit Mukhopadhyay, Partha Biswas, Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Studies of Radula of Three Gangetic River Mollusca from India , Records of the Zoological Survey of India: Volume 112, Issue 4, 2012